May 08, 2017
A new online course is offered to CSP network professionals: Stress toxique et stratégies d’interventions (in French only for now)
Training and events of interest in May
- May 10, 2017 – Conference: The Exciting World of Brain Development in Canada and Abroad: The Kids Brain Health Network Experience
- May 10, 2017 – WEBINAR: Lessons Learned: Reach and Impact of #ItDoesntHavetoHurt – A Science-Media Partnership to Reach and Engage with Parents About Children’s Pain
- May 15, 2017 – Beyond Coexistence: Cultivating Successful Family Partnerships in Clinical Practice
- May 16, 2017 – The Frontiers of Innovation Approach to Program Development and Evaluation
- May 17 to 19, 2017 – IXe Conférence du Forum Mondial de Médiation « Regards croisés sur les médiations interpersonnelles et les médiations internationales »
- May 24, 2017 – WEBINAR: Shining a light on weight bias and stigma: is a focus on the scales helpful or harmful to the health of our children?
- May 24 to 26, 2017 – Formation sur l’intervention relationnelle et l’attachement parent-enfant
- May 25 & 26, 2017 – 5th Community Social Pediatrics Symposium
“Implementation of new social pediatrics clinics in Québec: Identification of at-risk communities” is now moved to “Completed studies”.
Five new scientific publications:
- Socioeconomic status and the 25 × 25 risk factors as determinants of premature mortality: a multicohort study and meta-analysis of 1·7 million men and women
- Care of the Adolescent After an Acute Sexual Assault
- Adversity, Maltreatment and Resilience in Young Children
- Toward a unified theory of childhood trauma and psychosis: a comprehensive review of epidemiological, clinical, neuropsychological and biological findings
- Living in stressful neighbourhoods during pregnancy: an observational study of crime rates and birth outcomes
Two new online courses are offered to CSP network professionals:
- Les troubles anxieux chez les jeunes en situation de vulnérabilité (in French only)
- La planification stratégique (in French only)
Training and events of interest
February 17, 2017 – Clinical exchanges (for CSP network professionals)
February 20, 2017 – World day of Social Justice
Five new scientific publications:
- Child trauma exposure and psychopathology: mechanisms of risk and resilience
- Childhood forecasting of a small segment of the population with large economic burden
- Psychoneuroimmunology of Early-Life Stress: The Hidden Wounds of Childhood Trauma?
- Childhood Maltreatment and Development of Substance Use Disorders: A Review and a Model of Cognitive Pathways
- Out-of-home placement and regional variations in poverty and health and social services spending: A multilevel analysis
Major update to our portal
We are pleased to present our new and improved knowledge transfer portal! Here is a brief overview of the changes we have made.
We now have a “profile” section for all registered users. To take advantage of this new feature, all you have to do is register. This section will give you quick access to the following sections:
- My profile – Change your personal information and areas of interest
- Online modules – Consult all available online modules relevant to your professional profile
- On-site training – Check out upcoming opportunities
- In-progress and completed training
- Recent forums
- New publications – recent additions to our virtual library
Our learning modules are offered online and accessed based on user profile. They vary in length from 30 to 90 minutes.
After you have successfully completed a module, it will be added to your list of completed training. You will be able to consult the module again if you so wish. All available modules are accessible in the section “My profile”.
Improvements to our virtual library
Our new search engine makes using our virtual library even easier. We now have a number of filters to focus your search: keyword, category, thematic and author.
Notifications based on your areas of interest
You can now select your areas of interest and be notified by email of any changes to the portal related to these particular themes.
This new system will help you stay better informed of new activities and resources related to your particular areas of interest. You can select your areas of interest when you register for the portal, or at any other time in My profile.
We now have a number of forums for users, including a general forum open to anyone who wishes to take part. More specific private forums based on user profile will also be created, such as a doctors’ forum, a managers’ forum, and so on.
Calendar of events
Our new calendar of training opportunities and events can now be accessed via our homepage and even has an option for submitting an event. Consult it regularly for news on:
- Training organized by the FDJ (internal)
- Public training and events of interest to social pediatric in community practitioners
New navigation menu
We now have a new, more extensive main menu. We have also modified the structure of our portal in order to enhance your user experience.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or comments!