The Expert centres in Hochelaga-Maisonneuve and Côte-des-Neiges offer a number of clinical internships in community social pediatrics to develop awareness and provide training professionals from a wide variety of settings.
Please review the admission criteria carefully before applying for an internship.
Meet the following criteria:
- A professional in a community social pediatrics centre that is certified or has started the certification process.
- Referred by one of the Community Social Pediatrics Movement’s Development Managers.
- Completed a prior clinical internship.
- The internship consists of matching a CSPC professional with a peer from a mentoring centre, depending on available resources. The match offers a one-day clinical internship and a day of coaching and supervision with the peer. Discussions and additional meetings are set up as needed.
- Share experiences and know-how specific to community social pediatrics on implementing action plans drawn up during assessment/course of action meetings.
- 14 hours
- Meeting with the knowledge transfer team.
- Peer-to-peer briefing.
- Clinical observation (assessment/course of action) with the peer.
- Reviewing Day 1 clinical meetings.
- Accompanying the peer throughout planned activities (meeting with families, external partners, colleagues).
- Discussing peers’ priority issues.
- Evaluating the match (peers and knowledge transfer team).
After peer coaching, participants will be able to:
- Integrate the EEDA approach into tasks that are part of their own job at their CSPC.
- Apply the EEDA approach to formulating and monitoring action plans after assessment/course of action meetings at their CSPC.